Harmonizes and regulates Yin and Yang
-Yin Yang disharmony/imbalance is the basic cause of all disorders.
– Acupuncture uses Jing Luo theory, points combination theory, and techniques of acupuncture and moxibustion to obtain harmony.
i/ make diagnosis
ii/ decide principle, i.e. what needs tonifying and/or sedating
iii/ pick points prescription
– Acupuncture regulates the heart and vascular systems functions.
i.e. Nei guan PC 6 can both speed or slow heart (regulate)
– BL 14, 15, and ST 36 treat Angina
– both also have an effect of regulating circulation and blood pressure
*It should be noted that the regulation has to be obtained through proper acupuncture needling technique.
– Acupuncture regulates respiratory system through regulation of the vagus nerve and the sympathetic nervous system.
i.e. relaxes bronchioles for asthma
– Ding Chuan, LU 1, BL 13
– It regulates gastrointestinal function and motility, relieves stomach spasm.
– Regulates kidney and bladder functions to correct such disorders as incontinence and urine retention.
– Acupuncture regulates the nervous system, particularly when electro acupuncture is applied.
– It increases white blood cell and platelet counts, i.e. for infections of all kinds, anemia.
– Moxa BL 42, 17, 20, SP 10
It supports, harmonizes, and balances the Zheng Qi(upright, true, immune, healthy Qi), Zheng Qi is the combination of Wei Qi, Vital Qi, Gu Qi, and Zhen Qi. The onset and progression of disease is determined by the war between and strength of both Zheng Qi and the pathogenic or evil Qi.
Strengthen Zheng Qi or eliminate pathogen, perform both these tasks but determine % to which each should be done, or apply one principle then the other.
-Nourish deficiency &/or sedate excess based on acupuncture techniques and points combinations, i.e. sedate Du 14, and LI 11 to clear heat.
-Needling is generally more sedating, moxa is more tonifying
– Acupuncture and moxibustion positively effects immune system function
i.e. ST 36 within 2-3 hours of an extended treatment can increase white cell numbers up to 60 %, this number returns to normal within 24 hours.
– It can also raise antibody formation which seems to be effective for acute infections in early stages.
Acupuncture andMoxibustion opens the Jing Luo (meridians & collaterals) passages.
-disharmony of Qi and/or blood causes stagnation in the Jing Luo, this results in an excess, which results in a deficiency in another place. Acupuncture and moxibustion can regulate Qi and blood circulation thus opening the Jing Luo.
No stagnation, No pain.
– one may acupuncture or perform moxibustion to a specific points, or to the whole meridian, resulting in unblocking the stagnation. Modern research confirms the admirable effects of Acupuncture with killing pain.