- 1 What is Kidney Disease?
- 2 Main Symptoms of Kidney Disease:
- 3 Common Diseases of the Kidney
- 4 Dietary Changes for Kidney Disease
- 5 Alternative Treatments for Kidney Disease
- 6 Pediatrics / Vaccinations and Kidney Disease
What is Kidney Disease?
This condition could be any from a large group of conditions which include infections, inflammatory conditions, obstruction, circulatory and cancerous disorders affecting the kidneys.
Main Symptoms of Kidney Disease:
Bloody urine, persistent protein in urine, pus in urine, edema, difficult urination, and low back pain.
Common Diseases of the Kidney
Diabetes, lupus, hypertension, liver disease, brights disease, glomerulonephritis
Dietary Changes for Kidney Disease
Raw foods, garlic, potatoes, asparagus, parsley, watercress, celery, cucumbers, papaya, bananas, watermelon, pumpkin, sprouts, legumes, seeds, soybeans, spirulina, acidophilus, Lecithin
Potassium, phosphates, beet greens, meat, spinach, rhubarb, swiss chard
Do Not Eat:
Chocolate, cocoa, eggs, dairy
Drink clean water (6-8 glass’s per day), eat smaller portions of meat, do small mild cleanses
Alternative Treatments for Kidney Disease
Nutrients for Kidney Disease
- Calcium – helps body use all minerals in synergy
- Magnesium – see calcium
- L – Arginine – aids kidneys
- L-Methionine – helps circulation within kidneys
- Multi-enzyme complex – aids digestion
- Potassium – stimulates kidney function
Vitamins for Kidney Disease
- Vitamin A – helps healing process of urinary tract lining
- Vitamin B complex – helps fluid metabolism
- Vitamin C – boosts immunity and elevates urine acidity
- Vitamin E – elevates immune system
- Zinc – immunostimulant
Herbs for Kidney Disease
- Buchu Tea
- Dandelion Root (pu gong ying) – aids kidney excretion function of waste
- Cranberry – acidifies urine and kills bacteria
- Celery and Parsley – diuretic (decreases uric acid)
- Hydrangea – natural diuretic – cleanses urinary tract
- Uva Ursi – natural diuretic – cleanses urinary tract – germicidal
- Marshmallow Tea – cleanses kidneys
- Goldenrod tea, juniper berries, stinging nettle, parsley, red clover, watermelon seed tea are all good for kidney disease.
Pediatrics / Vaccinations and Kidney Disease
MCCV advice for kidney disease children
08 August 2003
by Health Newswire reporters
Withholding the menogococcal vaccine could be the best way of dealing with children with kidney disorder nephritic syndrome, according to top paediatrician.
Paediatric vaccination advice
Anecdotal evidence has linked vaccination with the development of nephritic syndrome, but this is the first time it has been properly investigated.
Dr Richard Trompeter, from London’s Great Ormond Street Hospital for Children NHS Trust, said a 30 per cent increase in relapse of nephritic syndrome occurred after meningoccocal C vaccination was introduced for all people under the age of 18 in 1999.
In a cohort of 106 patients, there were 63 relapses during the 12 months before vaccination and 96 during the equivalent period post-vaccination, he said. The relapse of nephritic syndrome increased significantly after administration of MCCV.
Investigators propose that the conjugated vaccine influences processes in the immune system that could promote production of proteinuria – meaning protein in the urine, one of the main features of nephritic syndrome.
In a research letter, published in The Lancet, Dr Trompeter says, “Our results indicate a causal relation between administration of MCCV and relapse of nephroic syndrome.
“The risk of relapse after vaccination might be greater for this group of patients than the risk of meningoccocal C infection, so the decision to vaccinate should be carefully considered.”